The Electrical Engineer designs and verifies electronics for an implanted insulin pump.
Reports to: Director of Systems Engineering
TO APPLY: Send Resume/CV and Cover Letter explaining your fit with this position via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze designs for failure modes and other risks.
- Participate in requirements, design, and risk reviews.
- Work with the team to create and execute formal test protocols to ensure the electronics meets requirements.
- Write reports documenting design and test activities.
- Develop and maintain performance model to ensure device will meet its intended longevity.
- Oversee longevity testing; work with other stakeholders in order to create simulated test environments; troubleshoot testing; document results.
- Develop acceptance tests for the electronics in manufacturing.
- Create test fixtures that aid in automated testing of the device.
- Automation of test equipment to accelerate testing.
- 0-5 years of experience in an EE design and/or test role.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout; Altium Designer preferred.
- Experience with standard electronics test equipment and SMT soldering
- Preferred experience with low power design.
- Preferred experience with Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Preferred experience working in medical devices or other regulated industry.
- Preferred experience with programming languages such as C and Python.
Portland, OR. 60-80% in-office, working hands-on with equipment and prototypes. Must be open to periodic travel to PDI headquarters in Los Angeles, CA to aid manufacturing.