The Mobile App Developer’s primary responsibility is to develop mobile apps used by PDI’s end users and to ensure that it reliably satisfies its intended use.
Reports to: Director of Systems Engineering
TO APPLY: Send Resume/CV and Cover Letter explaining your fit with this position via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain mobile apps used by end-users throughout its lifecycle.
- Specify software requirements derived from System Specifications, mitigations from risk assessment, and controls from security assessments.
- Develop and maintain unit tests.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments, and security assessments, with the system’s and company’s various stakeholders.
- Documenting app’s architecture and various module software design descriptions.
- Develop custom scripts used in PDI’s backend.
- Minimum Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field.
- At least 5 years of developing mobile apps in regulated industries.
- Experience with native Android development.
- Experience with Koitlin, Java, Objective-C, and/or C++.
- Experience with UI/UX development.
- Experience with interacting with BLE-connected devices.
- Preferable experience with configuring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Preferably experience with software in Class II or Class III medical devices.
- Experience with regulated software development processes, especially IEC 62304.
- Able to easily collaborate with design engineers and other stakeholders.
- Preferably experience with Azure Dev-Ops or similar environments.
- Preferably experience with requirements management tools, such as Helix ALM.
Candidate ideally based in Portland, OR, or Los Angeles. Open to remote; however, candidate may have to travel to PDI offices (mainly Portland, possibly LA) for hands-on collaboration or testing.